my favorite spot on earth

my favorite spot on earth

Friday, January 22, 2010

sense nature

smell it. touch it. see it. feel it. hear it. sense it.  explore the world around you.

Recently I was asked to go on a 2 hour hike around Pheonix lake, in Ross, CA.  I glanced outside, observed the hovering rain clouds, sensed the cold, musty air, and imagined my soon to be sore and aching feet, and instinctively declined.  However, after much persuasion (and some physical pestering), I picked myself up, put on a hefty winter coat, and was on my way.  Although I had to hike the entire thing with my sweatpants rolled past my knees (looking like a fool), mist blowing in my face, and a continuously parched mouth, I'm grateful for every moment that I spent on that trail.  After all, there's nothing better than getting out of the house, detaching myself from the outside world (if only for an instant), and delving into nature.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I love this quote, and I'm so happy I found it. I'm pretty sure this quote is Buddhist

    ReplyDelete