my favorite spot on earth

my favorite spot on earth

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The grass is always greener


I will admit, I have this envy for girls who are so gorgeous that high fashion designers deem them their “muses”.  I mean come on - the slim build that makes a casual summer dress look like a million bucks, the symmetrical face, pouty lips, etc.  How could someone not be jealous?  I’ll also admit, I have a picture of Karmen Cass as the background of my phone, Lily Donaldson on my computer, Kate Moss on my wall, and Sasha Pivovarova on my twitter because quite frankly, I think they’re fun to look at.  However, sooner or later, after glancing at one too many perfect faces, on one too may popular magazines, with one too many seducing captions, perfection becomes redundant.  Maybe the reason why people’s envy for this impeccably sculpted diva eventually diminishes is because flawlessness is boring, it lacks luster. 

So, the next time you flip through a magazine and ask yourself “why cant that be me”, remember each side has its silver lining – yes, she may be beautiful, and yes she is “perfect”, but even with all that (and I know this is a stretch) maybe she’s asking “why can’t I be that girl, reading my tabloid, living the life I dreamed of”.

What you need is a face. If you have a face you don't need height or a voice. Models know this; that's why the good ones don't need to talk much." -Karl Lagerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment