my favorite spot on earth

my favorite spot on earth

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Favorite Quotes


Go back and read one of your favorite children's books.  You may be pleasantly surprised to find hidden life lessons within the text, behind the pictures, or between the lines...here are some of my favorites:


"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where-" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

'Men have forgotten this truth,' said the fox. 'But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.' -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” -Lewis Carroll

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." 

- Dr. Seuss

"Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

-- Dr. Seuss

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."  ~Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

"We're all mad here" - Lewis Carrol.

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye" - Antoine de Saint Exupery.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." -Willy Wonka

"Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!" -Where the Wild things are

....I AM SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR ALICE IN WONDERLAND....March 5, 2010.




No comments:

Post a Comment