my favorite spot on earth

my favorite spot on earth

Saturday, October 23, 2010


After starting a 9-5 job, I've gained a whole new perspective on life, or what I used to deem "the real world". I wouldn't say its scary, but it is a little anti-clamactic. Everytime i think of something to look foward to, like a break or "summer", I realize I dont have that anymore...and this feeling comes over me thats a little off putting. Dont get me wrong, I do love my job, and I especially love my company. I'm learning a lot and my co-workers (at Direct Partners) eased the transition by being incredibly easy going and helping me feel at home. Every day, as I do my entry level tasks, I cant help but feel excited to move forward, especially when the only direction of in my career path is up. Regardless, this feeling that my youth is slowly dissolving helped me decide what I want to be for halloween:

MAX from Where the Wild Things Are. The book was one of my favorites as a kid, and the movie is one of my favorites now. I know some people think its boring, but if you look beyond the large, gloomy beasts and into the underlying messages, its really just an anthology of a boy who is forced through phases of losing his innocence. And, in a way, right now, I'm Max, and I'm "Where the Wild Things Are".

Photos to come soon, but its a feminine version of this (with a good song to follow):


No comments:

Post a Comment