my favorite spot on earth

my favorite spot on earth

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Graduation

With graduation looming, I've realized that my two greatest fears are heartbreak and failure. I know that they both sound rather primitive, but in the end, aren't we all fighting for true love and success? I'm not going to lie, I thought that at this point I would have had some sort of epiphany about my abnormal importance in my life, or something that indicated my 'uniqueness', but that epiphany never came. It really is true that individuals are a reflection of their society. Even with the combination of my youthful rebellion and early adulthood intellect, my primary aspirations are nothing more than typical. I know we categorize ourselves as "intelligent", but how could a race that is so predictable be so smart? I hope that after school I wont develop any of these robotic tendencies to follow the crowd. By that, I mean that I hope to stay true to my character and never cave to the overbearing pressures of society. After all, it requires very little skill to follow, but an incredible amount to create.

1 comment:

  1. You're pretty unique though rei! Good/inspiring post though :)

    ReplyDelete